INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
(ASSAM OIL DIVISION)
Employment Opportunities for
Ex-Apprentices of IOCL(AOD),Digboi Refinery
REF NO: DR/R2/2016 Date: 20/10/2016
Ex-Apprentices of of IOCL(AOD) who have successfully completed their Apprenticeship training on or before 01.10.2016 and who meet the qualification and age criteria (as mentioned below) are advised to apply for selection process for consideration towards employment against regular vacancies in Grade IV in the Pay of Rs.11,900 – 32,000.
Essential educational qualification required with respect to each post is as given below:
Name of Post
Essential Educational Qualification
Junior Engineering Assistant – IV
3 years full time, regular / sandwich Diploma in Mechanical
Engineering or Matric with ITI in fitter Trade.
Candidates possessing Matric with 3years (Full time) Fresher’s Trade Apprentice (with NCVT Certification) are also eligible.
Junior Engineering Assistant – IV
3 years full time, regular / sandwich Diploma in Electrical
Junior Engineering Assistant – IV
3 years full time, regular / sandwich Diploma in
Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Electronics / Instrumentation & Control
Junior Engineering Assistant – IV (P&U)
· 3 years full time, regular / sandwich Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with Boiler Competency Certificate (OR)
· Matric with ITI (Fitter) with Boiler Competency
· B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with an
Apprenticeship Training in Boiler Trade
· Candidates possessing Matric with 3 years (Full time) Fresher’s Trade Apprentice (with NCVT Certification) with Boiler Competency Certification are also eligible.
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and maximum 26 years as on 01.10.2016 for General candidates. (Relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC (NCL) against reserved positions). Further, the period of Apprenticeship training shall be considered towards experience and relaxation in age shall be given to that extent. However, in such cases additional age-relaxation will not be allowed. Training period (other than Apprenticeship Training in relevant trade / discipline) shall not be counted towards experience.
Reservation of posts: Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC will be as per Presidential Directives in this regard.
Selection Methodology :
Selection will be based on Written Test of 3 hours duration followed by Personal Interview. Every candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks at each stage for qualifying the selection process. There will be a relaxation in scoring of marks by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD for applications against reserved positions. The written test shall comprise of Subject Knowledge, Reasoning ability and General Awareness.
Note for Ex-Apprentices:
1. The eligible ex-apprentices are advised to report for Written Test scheduled on 20/11/2016 (Sunday) at 9:30 AM at Delhi Public School, Digboi.
2. Call letters however have been sent to the eligible ex-apprentices possessing Diploma Qualification in Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation.
3. Call letters could not be sent to Ex-apprentices, who underwent apprenticeship training as Fresher trade apprentice (NCVT certification) and ex-ITI, due to unavailability of their recent address details at our end. Therefore, they are advised to report to IOCL AOD), Personnel Dept for verification and submission of their documents from 24th October to 15th November 2016 between 08:30 AM to 12:00 PM. They are advised to produce documents pertaining to Age, Educational Qualification, Caste/Category certificate and successful apprenticeship completion certificate.
4. Please note that the candidature of ex-apprentices will be considered as provisional and their eligibility
will be subject to verification of all supporting certificates / testimonials and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria for recruitment in the Corporation.
5. Apprentices, who have completed apprenticeship training in the relevant trade under the Apprenticeship Act of 1961 & Apprenticeship (Amendment) Act 1973 at IOCL (AOD) will be considered eligible.
6. The period of apprentice training undertaken as above by the candidate shall be considered towards experience. Applicable relaxation to that extent shall be allowed to them in recruitment process. The apprenticeship period will also be considered for grant of age relaxation; however, in such cases no further age relaxation shall be granted on account of experience. In no case, the period will be considered for both, in full or in parts.
7. Age, Educational Qualification & Apprenticeship completion will be determined as on 01.10.2016.
Qualification for the purpose of selection to any post will mean the qualification based on which candidature is offered / considered as claimed by a Candidate. Reservation in posts for SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL) / PwD candidates will be provided as per rules & regulations notified by the Government of India. Candidates possessing professional qualifications such as B.E / B.Tech or AMIE or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA or PhD shall not be considered for the above notified posts. Suppression of information regarding possession or pursuing higher qualification shall render a candidate ineligible for consideration at any stage of selection & termination anytime during employment, if recruited. Please note that Part-Time or Diploma obtained through correspondence / distance education mode is also not acceptable.
1. Candidates are advised to ensure that they are medically fit as per IndianOil’s Pre-Employment Medical Standard. Candidates are advised to go through the “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre- employment Medical examination” before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link: http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Preemployment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
2. Written Test and Skill/ Proficiency/ Physical Test shall be conducted only at Digboi, Dist: Tinsukia, Assam.
3. Please note that the candidature will be considered as purely provisional & their eligibility will be subject to verification of all supporting certificates / documents and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria for recruitment in the Corporation.
4. Please note that a candidate can apply for only one post. Candidature of candidates submitting multiple applications for more than one post will be summarily rejected without any further communication whatsoever.
5. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) are required to submit a Certificate issued by a Medical Board constituted by the Central / State Government, failing which their candidature as PwD candidates will not be considered.
6. Candidates presently employed in any Govt. /Semi-Govt./Autonomous Bodies will be required to produce
‘No Objection Certificates’ at the time of written test and personal interview and ‘Release Order’ from their employers at the time of joining.
7. SC/ ST/ PwD candidates appearing for Written Test and Skill/ Proficiency/ Physical Test will be reimbursed single second class railway fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of Written Test and Skill/ Proficiency/ Physical test and back by the shortest route on production of tickets, provided the distance is not less than 30 KMs.
8. Please note that filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the Management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability / insufficient number of candidates. Hence, the decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the recruitment process etc. Hence, no enquiry / communication will be entertained in this regard.
9. Mere selection in Written Examination or Skill / Proficiency / Physical Test or empanelment after the selection process shall not confer any right of appointment to the applicants. Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible for any of the above posts. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect/ doctored/ false, information/ certificate/ documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services are liable to be terminated.
10. Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Margherita Court situated at Margherita, Assam.
IOCL(AOD) Management reserves the right to change / modify / cancel the selection process at any point of time without assigning any reason whatsoever.
For any clarification, please contact our recruitment section on Telephone No. 03751-263131/263133