HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Regd. Office: 17, Jamshedji Tata Road, Mumbai - 400020.
CIN No. L23201MH1952GOI008858
HPCL: Future Full of Energy
ENGAGEMENT OF FIXED TERM PROJECT ASSISTANTS FOR HP GREEN R&D CENTER, BANGALURU
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a Government of India enterprise operating in the Oil and Natural Gas sector which has been conferred with the Navaratna Status. Apart from various other innumerable recognitions, it also holds the distinction of featuring on the prestigious Forbes 2000 and Global Fortune 500 lists and enjoys a market share of 21% among PSUs in India.
In the past financial year HPCL scaled new heights and record its best ever performance, significantly surpassing the highest ever profit and sales recorded during the previous year. The Profit after tax increased significantly by 41% to reach 3863 crore. HPCL accounts for about 21% of the market share and about 10% of the nation's refining capacity and also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, which accounts for over 40% of the India's total Lube Base Oil production.
HPCL with its performance oriented culture and well-rounded peoples’ policies has won several prestigious awards like ‘Innovator of the Year Award 2015’ for HP Green R&D from Petrofed, ‘Oil & Gas Marketing Company of the Year’ from Petrofed, ‘HR Excellence Award’ from Society for Human Resource Management, and various recognitions & awards at prestigious national & international forums
Towards fulfilling its Mission and to face the future challenges the Corporation has set up HP GREEN R&D Center at Bengaluru and is expanding it into a world class facility.
HP Green R&D centre has been engaging Fixed Term Project Assistants to assist the senior scientist in various in-house and collaborative projects.
The Corporation now plans to engage candidates with MSc in Chemistry / Microbiology /Molecular biology OR BTech in Chemical Engineering /Petroleum Refining as PROJECT ASSISTANTS on Fixed Term basis at its HP Green R&D Centre, Bengaluru. Interested candidates are advised to apply online in the prescribed format.
Terms of reference and other details regarding engagement of Project Assistants on fixed term basis are enumerated.
Commencement of online application by candidates for
16 November 2016
Last date of online application by candidates for HPCL
6 December 2016
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FIXED TERM PROJECT ASSISTANT:
· To assist Scientists carrying out research project(s).
· Prepare samples for establishing methods of analysis & carrying out routine analysis related to the assigned project(s).
· Monitoring batch reactions for optimizing reaction conditions
· Running pilot plants in shifts.
· Carryout any other job(s) assigned by the reporting scientist.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE :
Discipline Prescribed full time degrees
· Molecular biology
· Chemical Engineering
· Petroleum Refining
At the time of application the candidate should have proof of award of Degree. Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all subject/semesters/years) in qualifying degree examinations and Post Graduation degree, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all
semesters/years) for SC/ST/PWD candidates. Candidates with Integrated Courses can also apply..
· Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded degree in engineering & Post Graduation in above mentioned disciplines. . All Engineering qualifications should be full time regular course/s from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University. All Degree qualifications other than Engineering should be full time regular course and Post Graduation degree should be full time regular course from UGC recognised universities/Deemed universities. The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE. Candidates with Integrated Degrees should have done a Full time Course.
· Wherever CGPA/DGPA or letter grade in a Degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application as per norms adopted by University/ Institution.
· Soft copy of the detailed CV to be uploaded along with the Application Form.
28 years or below as on 16 November 2016. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy
Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
Relaxation & Reservation of Post
The upper age limit is relaxable by
ü 5 years for SC/ST candidates
ü 3 years relaxation for OBC (Non-creamy layer)
ü 10 years relaxation for PWD (Persons with disability) candidate. (Provided the percentage of disability for PH candidate is 40% or more)
Reservation of posts- As per presidential directives for SC/ST/OBC- NC/PWD will apply
· Reservation of posts for SC, ST and OBC-NC are as per Government Directives.
· 3 % of the vacancies will be reserved for PWD (Persons with disabilities –with degree of disability
40% or above). Appointment in these vacancies will be offered to PWD candidates after considering the nature of duties & responsibilities of the job, location, hazard, strain & other factors, also considering that the disability is not likely to interfere with the performance of duties of the post with reasonable efficiency and without possible deterioration of his/her health. However, the final appointment would be based on candidate’s medical fitness with respect to job profile of the identified posts.
· Any request for change in Category (General/SC/ST/OBC-NC/ PWD) once filled in the online application form, will not be considered.
· The reserved category candidates are required to produce the original caste/ PWD certificate/s in prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority at the time of interview, in support of their claim. In addition, the OBC-NC (OBC-Non Creamy layer) candidates will be required to submit a valid caste certificate in the prescribed format applicable for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government Public Sector Undertaking as contained in DOPT Memo No. 36036/2/2013- Estt. (Res.) dated 30-05-2014 from a competent authority issued in the year of advertisement. Further the OBC-NC candidates will have to give a self-undertaking, at the time of Personal Interviews if called for, indicating that they belong to OBC-Non Creamy Layer.
· The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC-NC candidates and such candidates will have to indicate their category as Unreserved (UR). The applicable formats of caste/community certificate are available on our website www.hindustanpetroleum.com/CareerOpportunities
· If the SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT :
The engagement is initially for a period of one year, which may be extended by one more year at a time based on the project requirement and performance of the candidate subject to a maximum of 3 years.
MODE OF SELECTION :
Selection will be made on the basis of screening of applications and Testimonials as per the eligibility norms and written test (depending upon the no. of applications) of eligible candidates followed by personal interview by the Selection Committee. Candidates will be required to upload their certificates on-line after initial scrutiny of the applications is completed.Candidates shortlisted after initial scrutiny will be intimated thru portal. Candidates are advised to visit the portal from time to time for completing this exercise.
An all-inclusive stipend of Rs.30,000/- to Rs.40,000/- per month depending on qualification & experience, is payable. This includes HRA, Accident Insurance, Medical Insurance, etc. the company does not provide any transport facility for commuting to office. However there is a sharing bus facility which has to be availed by the PROJECT ASSOCIATEs on pay and use basis. Breakfast and lunch facilities are provided at the office premises for which a nominal monthly lumpsum amount will be deducted. The premium towards Insurances will be deducted from the stipend. As part of the discharge of their duties they may be required to travel to other locations. Work related travel expenses will be separately reimbursed as per the entitlements.
PHYSICAL / MEDICAL FITNESS:
Desirous candidates seeking engagement as Fixed Term Project Assistants with HP Green R&D
Center, Bengaluru need to be medically fit as per Corporation’s pre-employment medical standard.
It may please be noted that Defective Colour vision is a disqualification under Pre Employment Medical norms of HPCL.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo pre-engagement medical fitness examination which will be certified by the designated medical practitioner of the corporation.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill- in the on-line application form giving accurate information.
2. Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and Soft copy of the detailed CV readily available at the time of submitting on-line application.
3. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a Unique
Application ID along with the completed application form
4. Candidates should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
5. In case the candidate is called for interview, he/she should come with this printed application form.
6. 6th December 2016 is the last date for receiving application online.
7. If candidates are making duplicate applications (more than one) on line, then all applications of the candidate will be summarily rejected.
Steps for Applying:
Step 1: Login to www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on Career Opportunities. Read all the instructions given on the website carefully. Candidates should keep scanned copy of Passport size photo (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and Soft copy of the detailed CV (including brief description of Ph.D. topic in case of PhD candidates) ready before filling online application form.
Step 2: Fill in the online form with all the relevant details carefully (details once submitted cannot be modified). Upload Scan copy of your latest passport size photograph and Detailed CV.
Step 3: Click Submit. You will get a system generated unique 12 Digit Application / Reference No. Please note that this Application / Reference No. is important and will be required for all future references throughout the selection process. Hence, candidates are advised to take a Printout of the Online Application Form and preserve it for future reference.
Note: Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to HPCL. The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained w.r.t. personal/ any other details, later on.
1. The post of PROJECT ASSISTANT is a fixed term post. As such the post will be named/called/designated as Fixed Term PROJECT ASSISTANT. If selected, initial engagement will be for a period of one year which is extendable by one year at a time based on the project requirement and performance of the candidate, subject to a maximum of 3 years.
2. The candidates must have an active e-mail id and Cell phone/land line number, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail / cell phone /landline number only.
3. The candidates should have the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained
in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence application process. This information will be required at the time of filling in the on- line application.
4. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/ diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/ Institute.
5. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but coming in creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General category candidate.
6. Candidates presently employed in Government Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will be required to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview. In case of failure to produce the NOC from the current employer at the time of Interview, the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the Interview.
7. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process.
8. All the details given in the online form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
9. HPCL will not be responsible for any loss/ non-delivery of email/any other communication sent, due to invalid/wrong email id or due to any other reason.
10. Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and HPCL will not be responsible for any of the consequences of furnishing such wrong/false information. Since all the applications will be initially screened without documentary evidence, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process it is found that the candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected. Canvassing in any form during any stage of recruitment process will lead to cancellation of candidature.
11. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
12. Applications not as per the prescribed format will be summarily rejected. An application not accompanied by relevant certificate(s) / document(s), wherever necessary or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained.
13. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for final selection. HPCL’s decision shall be final in this regard.
14. Only short listed candidates who are found apparently eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal
interview as the case may be. Candidates Testimonials will be verified in detail with the originals before the Interview and if found not meeting the norms, the candidate will be summarily rejected. Such rejected candidates will not qualify for appearing for interview.
15. Category (SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
16. Relaxations / Reservations for SC/ST/PWD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules/Presidential Directives.
17. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC-NC category should produce their caste certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim. The format of the same is hosted in our company portal and same can be downloaded by candidates. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered. Candidates belonging to OBC-NC category should possess OBC-NC Certificate valid as on the last date of closing of application.
18. Candidates employed in Govt. Department / PSU / Autonomous bodies shall either forward their application through Proper Channel or shall produce NOC from their present employer at the time of Interview. In case, the application of the candidate is not forwarded through proper channel or the candidate fails to produce NOC from his present employer at the time of interview, his / her candidature will not be considered.
19. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found inconformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
20. HPCL reserves the right to raise/relax the minimum eligibility standards and / or relax age, experience criteria in otherwise suitable cases. The Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
21. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Bengaluru Court only.
22. The candidates should write their correct mobile number and correct e-mail address neatly. Please note that the intimation for written test / interview will be given through e-mail addresses/cell phone/landline only. Candidates shortlisted for interview would be reimbursed II Class Sleeper train fare by the shortest applicable route from their normal place of residence to the interview venue. Candidates will be required to produce all relevant documents as proof of travel to and fro for claiming reimbursement.
23. All the positions/postings for the selected candidates will be at HP Green R&D Centre, Bengaluru.
24. HPCL reserves the right for addition / deletion / increasing or decreasing of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
25. Candidates are advised to visit corporation website- www.hindustanpetroleum.com under Career Opportunities section regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will be sent.
26. Interested candidates should only apply online on our website www.hindustanpetroleum.com under Career Opportunities section.
Any further corrigendum / addendum would be uploaded only on our website www.hindustanpetroleum.com
27. It may please be noted that submission of online applications under fictitious/ pseudo names/ email ids /cell phone / landline numbers is strictly prohibited. Any candidate resorting to such practices will be liable for suitable action under the provisions of IT Act 2000.
28. The online registration would remain open up to 11:59 hrs on 6th December 2016.
29. Candidates may write to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries and information