01. BANK TRANSACTIONS
1) List out the characteristics relating to bank transactions.
a) Dealing with money.
b) They accept deposits from costumers.
c) They lend loans to the costumers.
d) Payment and with drawl services.
e) Agencies and utility services.
f) Profit and Service orientation etc.
2) What are the functions of Bank?
a) Accepting deposits from public and others.
b) Lending money to public as loans.
c) Transferring money from one place to another.
d) Collecting money, Cheques, draft and bills.
e) Hiring safe deposits lockers etc.
f) Discounting of bills.
3) Explain the relation between the bank and its customers.
There are two types of relation between bank and its customers.
1. General Relationship :
a) Debtor and Creditor relationship.
b) Subsidiary relationship.
c) Agent and principle relationship.
2. Special Relationship.
a) Obligation to honor Cheques
b) Obligation to maintain secrecy of accounts.
4) What are the advantages of opening a bank account?
a) Bank account facilitates a safe custody of money.
b) It helps in making payment.
c) It helps in collecting of money.
d) Account holder gets advances and loans.
e) Account holders get safe deposited locker facilities.
f) It develops saving attitude among people.
5) What are the procedures to open a bank account?
a) Decide the type of account.
b) Approach the bank of choice and meet its officer.
c) Kill up the bank account form or proposal form.
d) Give reference for opening as account.
e) Submit the fully filled form.
f) Verification of the proposal
g) Initial deposit to be made.
1) Explain the importance of Insurance.
a) Insurance covers the risk of death, disabilities or lost.
b) It encourages compulsory saving.
c) It achieves the purpose of the life assured.
d) It gives peace of mind getting coverage for life property.
e) It helps when loss of life occurs.
f) It helps social benefits.
g) It provides loan facilities and tax relief.
2) What are the advantages of Insurance Company?
a) It provides employment opportunities.
b) It provides a sense of security.
c) It provides protection to property.
d) It provides responsible profit to many.
e) It gets profit from the financial transaction.
f) Encourages economic growth.
g) Promotes international trade.
3) What are the steps to be taken at the time of taking an insurance policy?
a) Shortlist the insurance company.
b) Enquiry about the insurance, cost and premium.
c) Obtain the application form.
d) Complete the proposal form in all respect.
e) Submit the proposal form.
f) Scrutiny of the proposal.
g) Issuing of bonds.
h) Acceptance of the policy.
1. Who was the entrepreneur developed India’s First hospital group?
Dr. Pratap Reddy was developed India’s first hospital group (Apollo Hospitals)
2. Which airline is founded by Naresh Goyal?
Jet Airways is the airline founded by Naresh Goyal.
3. Which is India’s largest domestic airlines in the private sector?
Jet airways is the largest domestic airlines in the private sector.
4. Who is known as the father of white Revolution?
Varghese Kurien is known as the father of white Revolution.
5. Which is the largest dairy development enterprise in India?
The Anand milk Dairy in Kaira district of Gujarat Largest development enterprise in India.
6. Who is the chairman of Wipro technologies?
Ajim premji is the chairman of Wipro technologies.
7. Who is considered as the “Queen of Indian Television”?
Ekta Kapoor, the creative director of Balaji Telefilms, is considered as the Queen of Indian Television.
8. Which is the largest Bio-technology company in India?
Bio-con ltd. is the largest biotechnology company in India.
Points to Remember
1. The word ‘Entrepreneur’ has come from the French word – entrependre.
2. The District Industries centres were started in India in – 1978.
3. The company founded by Kiran Mazumdar shah is – Bio-con.
4. The first Indian software company to be listed on NASDAQ was – Infosys Technology.
5. The founder of Reliance Industries was – Dhirabhai Ambani.
04. GLOBALIZATION OF BUSINESS
1. ‘Globalization helps the world wide economic movement’ substantiate your answer.
a) Globalization helps to economic growth and generates a wider range of products and services.
b) It increases the international flow of capital including foreign investment.
c) It has made the availability of the similar type of products all over the world.
d) It creates free trade zone by removing the import and export duties.
2. What are the advantages of Globalization?
a. Globalization promotes economic growth and generates a wider range of products and services.
b. It helps to increase the standard of living of the people.
c. It increases GDP of the country.
d. Economic interdependence among different countries can build improved political and social links.
3. Make a list of characteristic of Globalization.
a. Increase the flow of international capital.
b. Development of global financial system.
c. Creates international cultural exchange.
d. Creates international travels and tourism.
4. What are the negative aspects of Globalization?
a. Globalization causes child labour and slavery.
b. It causes to unethical practices in business dealings.
c. Globalization leads many diseases like AIDS, Cancer, and Ebola etc.
d. It increases unemployment in developed countries.
5. What are the major functions of WTO?
· Administrating of world trade agreements.
· Forum for trade negotiations.
· Handling trade disputes.
· Technical assistance and training for developing countries.
· IMF - International Monetary Fund.
· OPEC - Oil Producing and Exporting Countries.
· WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization.