South india-Shatavahanas, Kadambas and Gangas
I. Complete the following sentences.
1. Simukha made ________his capital.
2. The literary work written by Hala is ________
3. The first inscription in Kannada is ___________
4. Banavasi, the capital of the Kadmbas, is in today's ________ district.
5. The prominent king among the Gangas was _____
6. The literary work written by Chavundaraya is_____
Ans: 1 -Srikakulam 2 - Gathasaptashati 3- Halmidi
4- North Canara 5- Durvinita 6- Chavunda Purana
II. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. Who was the last king of the Shatavahanas? How did their dynasty become weak?
Ans: Yajnashri Shatakarni was the last king of Shatayahana dynasty. During his time, on account of continual attacks by the Shakas, the empire stood devastated.
2. Write about the art of the Shatavahanas.
Ans: Shatavahanas promoted art, literature and education. The Ajanta and the Amaravati paintings were created during their period. They also contributed temples, viharas and Chaityalayas. A chaityagraha was built in Karle by the Banavasi merchant Bhootapala.
3. What were the values which influenced the Ganga society?
Ans: Social values like honesty, loyalty, bravery and patience were the values that influenced the Ganga society.
4. Name four literary works of the period of the Gangas.
Ans:- 1. Durvinita wrote the Sanskrit work Shabdavatara
1.Sreepurusha wrote Gajashastra.
2.Hemasena wrote Raghava Pandaviya in Kannada
3.Chavundaraya wrote Chavunda Purana.