Staff Selection Commission
KARNATAKA, KERALA Region
A Name of Post:- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION ASSISTSANT
B Classification:- Group “B” Non Gazetted, Non- Ministerial.
C Vacancy :-01 – UR The post is NOT suitable for PH
D Department :- National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property, Mo Culture.
E Age:- Not exceeding 30 (THIRTY) Years. (Relaxable for Government servants upto five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government).
F Pay Scale :- Pay Level 6 in the Pay Matrix of Rs.35400-112400 (Age relaxation is admissible as per Govt. Instructions)
G Essential Qualification:-
1. Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science from a recognized University or Institute;
2. Two Years’ professional experience in Library under Central or State Government or Autonomous or Statutory Organization or Public Sector Undertaking of University or recognized research or educational institute.
H. D.Q. Diploma in Computer Application from a recognized University or Institute.
I Initial place of posting:- Mysore with AISL.
J Job Requirement:-
1. Procurement of Books, periodicals, etc.
2. Accessioning of Books and other library sources.
3. Checking the relevant documents before the bills are passed for payment.
4. Technical Processing of acquired documents like Classification:-, cataloguing.
5. Management of serials.
6. Lending services.
7. Reference Services
8. Documentation / Information Services.
9. Reprography Services.
10. News Clipping Services.
11. User Orientation Programmes.
12. Library Automation Digitization and other IT related services.
13. Library Management.
14. All other works assigned by Library Information Officer and Authority.
K Instruction for PH (PWD Candidates) (whether post is identified SUITABLE / NOT SUITABLE FOR PH (PWD) Candidates along with details of disability admissible):- The post is NOT suitable for PH
Official Website: http://ssckkr.kar.nic.in
Official Notification Download Here