Staff Selection Commission
21-23, Lowther Road, Allahabad-211002
Name of Post : TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (WILDLIFE)
Classification : General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
Vacancy : 01-UR
Department : D/o Environment, Forest & Climate Change, M/o Environment, Forest & Climate Change, New Delhi
AGE : Not exceeding 30 Years. Relaxable up to 35 years to Central Govt. Civilian Employees having 3 years regular and continuous service for UR candidates.
Pay Scale : Level-6 in the Pay Matrix, Rs. 35400 – Rs. 112400.
Essential Qualification (E.Q.) :
1.Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Zoology or Wildlife Biology as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institution.
2.One year’s experience in data collection and identification of wild flora and fauna.
Desirable Qualification (D.Q.) :
1. Master’s Degree in Zoology or Wild Life Biology from a recognized from a recognized University.
2. Diploma or certificate in Wild Life Management awarded by the Wild life Institute of India.
I.P. : New Delhi with AISL
1. To assist Deputy Director (WL)/Joint Director(WL) and Member Secretary, Indian Board for
Wildlife in preparing Agenda Notes and Minutes for the meeting of the Indian Board for Wildlife and Sub-Committee.
2. To assist the Advisors and the Wildlife Board in the matter relating to formulation of Wildlife
Plans and Policies and supply of other technical data required by them.
3. To assist the senior officers in the matters relating to formulation of Export & Import Policy in respect of Wildlife and its products and in cases related to exchange of animals on barter basis between Indian zoos and foreign zoos..
4. To handle matters relating to amendment of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 and revision of its schedules and addition to this interpretation of Wildlife (Protection) Act and Rules made there under.
5. Follow up action on the recommendations of the Indian Board for Wildlife Standing Committee of India Board for Wildlife and the Expert Committees of IBWL on Birds, Zoos and Flora.
6. To handle correspondence on technical matters with the Forest Departments and other organizations viz. Wildlife Institute of India, Zoological Survey of India, Bombay Natural History Society, and Ministries in the Govt. of India dealing with Wildlife problems and projects.
7. To examine the research projects submitted by Individuals, Universities or foreign research organizations in relation to wildlife.
8. To collect and compile information regarding survey of wild animals and National Parks and
9. To prepare notes and other statistical information required by the Part=ligament Questions and Committees set up from time to time on Wildlife Societies for Nature Conservations..
10. To handle correspondence and assist senior officers in holding seminars, symposia, conferences and workshops relating to Wildlife Nature and issues.
Instruction for PH candidates : This post is identified suitable for OH candidates with disability of the sub category (OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg affected), HH candidates & VH candidates with disability of sub-category( B-Blind, LV-Low Vision affected)
Official Website: http://www.ssconline.nic.in/
Official Advertisement Notification Click Here